Chaffeys Lock, ON
Photos

Ontario Region
View Nomination
Named for Benjamin and Samuel Chaffey, A fishing centre prior to 1900 when tent camps opened in two locations near the locks.
In 1820, this quaint community became a starting point for world class fishing Until the Canadian Northern Rail Road came through Chaffey’s in 1912, the principle way for the fishermen and tourist to arrive was by the numerous passenger vessels such as the Rideau King and the Rideau Queen.
To catch a large mouth bass and to have a shore dinner built the hamlet into what it is today.

Photos